What We Do
General Enzyme Diagnostics (GED) is a leading molecular diagnostics laboratory and COVID-19 testing center in Johnstown, PA, dedicated to screening for common respiratory pathogens to enhance public health management.
Our main goal is to leverage advancements in molecular diagnostic testing to bring modern and state-of-the-art tests relevant in health and wellness closer to the communities we serve.
Covid-19 PCR Test
COVID-19 PCR Test is a way to determine whether an individual has been exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
Covid-19 Antigen Test
COVID-19 antigen tests can indicate if the virus is present in the individual at detectable levels at the time the sample is collected.
Drugs of Abuse Test
Drugs of abuse testing is used to screen for and confirm the presence of several drugs in a person’s sample, generally through urine.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Fast Covid-19 PCR and Rapid Antigen Testing for travel and peace-of-mind.
- A reliable test that can rule out Covid-19 in people with symptoms, or that came in contact with someone with Covid-19
- Most results will be ready within 24 hours. (For same-day results, sample must be collected before 1:30 PM)
- Result report is accepted for domestic and international travel.
- Result report includes a QR barcode for online access to results.
- Receive your secure report by email.
- Test is available for purchase by individuals and companies as part of our ‘Get Back to Business and Normal’ COVID-19 testing service.
- Company personnel, private individuals, family and friends can be screened.
- No referral required.
- Competitive price.
- All major credit cards, including HSA card, accepted.
- We accept Medicare, Highmark, and UPMC insurance
- Local Home Collection may be possible if you can’t visit the laboratory
- Saturday appointments, special time accommodations, and off-site collections for larger groups may be possible. Please call to discuss.